Your question might already have an answer.
- Where can I get documentation on the Vimeo API?
- All API documentation and examples are located at developer.vimeo.com/apis
- How can I make sure my app doesn't get rate limited?
- We've got plenty of tips for avoiding rate limiting here: Best Practices, Rate Limiting, and Terms of Service.
- What can I do with the Advanced API?
- Lots of stuff! It's all documented here: developer.vimeo.com/apis/advanced/methods
- Where can I go to request access to the advanced API / get an API key?
- Visit developer.vimeo.com/apps to create a new API application. This will provide you with a KEY and a SECRET. You'll know what to do.
- How can I request upload access to the API and how long does it take?
You can request upload access after you've created your API application by visiting developer.vimeo.com/apps. Click on the name of your app and choose "Request Upload Access" in the top box.
Upload requests can take up to 3 business days to approve.
- Do I need permission to use the Simple API?
- Nope. You don't have to request access in order to use our Simple API.
- What if I want to play with the player?
- All our player documentation is right here: developer.vimeo.com/player
- Why aren't my private videos appearing in the API?
- You may be using the Simple API which only provides public data. You'll need to use the Advanced API to access private videos, you can create an application here: developer.vimeo.com/apps
- How can I keep track of API updates?
- For information on changes we make or issues we're working on, check out our help page: developer.vimeo.com/help
None of those answered my question!
No need to worry, we’re here to help you out. Just pick one of the places below and fire away. Keep in mind we get a lot of requests so please be patient, it can take a few days for us to respond.
No matter which way you contact us, please include as much information as possible in your post, including, as appropriate:
- Your consumer key
- A page that demonstrates the issue
- The URL you are requesting
- The error response that you are getting
- Anything else you think would help us to pinpoint the issue
The best place to get in contact with us about an issue is the API Forum. Make sure you search around a bit first, it’s likely that someone else has had the same problem in the past!
Have a quick question? Let us know on Twitter. If your question would be hard to answer in 140 characters, please contact us in the forums or through email instead.
If you don’t feel comfortable sharing personal information in the public forums, feel free to email us. Please include as much information as you can so we can quickly help you out.
Apr 16, 2013
We’ve been hard at work building a brand new version of the Vimeo API (dubbed API 3.0) and we’d like to invite you to join us at Vimeo HQ to try it out!
We’ll be here May 4th from 11am to 7pm to help you build apps on the new API. The best creations will be featured on our…
May 9, 2012
Would you be totally flabbergasted if we told you that in addition to rebuilding Vimeo from the ground up, we’ve ALSO constructed a brand new site for developers who want to rock the Vimeo APIs? Well, start flabbering your gasts* — because it’s true.
For all updates to our API, follow the API status blog